To read the entire bill, CLICK HERE.
Impact: All charter schools
Prime Sponsor: Representative Dan Truitt
- Eliminate the pension reimbursement paid by the state to charter schools.
- Eliminate the lease reimbursement paid by the state to charter schools.
- Delete categories 4000 (Facilities) and 500 (Financing) from the PDE 363
- Add a deduction to the PDE 363 for money paid to charter schools for basic education only.
- Require districts to subtract charter school students from their “Average Daily Membership” on Form 363.
- Add a deduction to the PDE 363 for a district’s own cyber program.
- Allow districts to deduct all pre-K expenses as opposed to just the federal portion and require districts to subtract all pre-K students from their ADM
- Add a definition of a learning center.
- Add a deductions to PDE 363 for 15% of categories 4000 and 5000 for cyber schools without learning centers and 30% of categories 400 and 5000 for cyber schools with learning centers.
- Require districts to provide transportation for students who attend cyber charter schools with learning centers.
- Prohibit districts from charging charter schools for transporting special education students to a facility away from the charter school campus.